Hidden Gem…Montenegro

Staying in the capital, Podgorica was such a treat. It is such a unique city–a combination of Old War history and modern day architecture.

Although, I didn’t speak Serbian or Montenegrin, I found the natives were very gracious and accommodating. I did at least try to greet the locals in their native language. Which, they seemed to be impressed with this.

With gracious hosts, I was able to see other parts of the country, such as: Niksic, Risan, Budva, Kotor, Petrovac, Tivat, Porto Montenegro and Perast.

Read more about my wonderful time in Perast, Montenegro:

Trails

I enjoy a challenge and new opportunities to grow. I work hard to "stay in the moment". New paths lead to roads that you have never imagined. Be open, and let life guide you.

Places

With the wonderful opportunity to visit beautiful places. There is still so much more to discover. I look forward to exploring and sharing with you.

People

Traveling provides a valuable education. I have met some amazing people who have taught me so much. You can't put a price on this type of experience.

Write a comment

Comments: 18
  • #1

yasmin (Wednesday, 21 June 2017 15:57)

Haven't been to Montenegro, but it's on my list! How long were you there for?

• #2

Clazz - An Orcadian Abroad (Wednesday, 21 June 2017 16:32)

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip, Montenegro is firmly at the top of my travel wishlist at the moment!

• #3

NieNie (Wednesday, 21 June 2017 17:26)

I haven't been to Montenegro, but it's so close to so many great locations like Greece and Croatia that I feel like a pit-stop there would be necessary! How did Montenegro land on your list of places to visit?

• #4

Charlotte (Wednesday, 21 June 2017 22:36)

I travelled to the surrounding countries, but never actually went to Montenegro, but I've heard great things!

• #5

Priyadarshini Rajendran (Thursday, 22 June 2017 01:28)

Another friend also recently mentioned Montenegro to me. And it sounds fantastic. Gonna check it out!

• #6

Kim (Thursday, 22 June 2017 12:18)

Ah, I would love to visit Montenegro! What was your favorite part of the trip?

• #7

JUANITA (Thursday, 22 June 2017 12:21)

Hi Yasmin!

I was in Montenegro for one month! It was a blast. Definitely worth a visit to the Bay of Kotor. Thanks for stopping by.

• #8

JUANITA (Thursday, 22 June 2017 12:22)

Hi Clazz!
    You should definitely check Montenegro out! It doesn't disappoint. Visit Porto Montenegro as well. Keep me posted on your journey. :)

• #9

JUANITA (Thursday, 22 June 2017 12:24)

Hi NieNie!

Yes, I didn't quite make it to Croatia, as I had originally planned. I received several recommendations from other travelers and thought I would visit for myself. I am so glad that I did. Enjoy!

• #10

JUANITA (Thursday, 22 June 2017 12:26)

Hi Charlotte!
    Great things indeed. Next time you are nearby, a quick stop to Budva, Bay of Kotor and Porto Montenegro would really be exciting. Happy traveling!

• #11

JUANITA (Thursday, 22 June 2017 12:28)

Hi Priyadarshini!

This is definitely a country to visit. Glad that you have this on your list. Let me know how it all goes for you. See ya on the road!

• #12

JUANITA (Thursday, 22 June 2017 12:29)

Hi Kim!

Thanks for stopping by! My favorite part of the trip definitely was visiting the Bay of Kotor and Porto Montenegro. Very beautiful and totally worth it! Hope you get an opportunity to check it out.

• #13

Rachelle (Thursday, 22 June 2017 15:05)

Montenegro always seemed like a faraway romantic destination...something out of a James Bond movie. It has a certain charm to it like you mentioned: a beautiful combination of the old and new. And I've always found that locals (for the most part) love it when travelers at least attempt to communicate in the local language. It shows that you care. Awesome!

• #14

BonBon (Saturday, 24 June 2017 13:46)

On my list, Bay of Kotor and Porto Montenegro:) oh... how I wish we can travel often hehehe

• #15

Ana Ro (Sunday, 25 June 2017 13:52)

I haven't been to Hard Rock Podgorica. Should put it on my list next time!

Bay of Kotor is such a great place, but only when not overcrowded with tourists. I was there in April, and it was beautiful and mysterious, but my friend went in August and found it dirty and crowded.

• #16

JUANITA (Friday, 07 July 2017 12:01)

Hi Rachelle!

Thanks for stopping by. Montenegro was like a dream. Especially when I was in Perast...was so amazing. I hope you get a chance to visit.

• #17

JUANITA (Friday, 07 July 2017 12:10)

Hi Bon Bon!

Yes, put these destinations on your list. You will not be disappointed. Traveling is my addiction...so fortunate to explore the world. Keep in touch, so we can share travel stories :)

• #18

JUANITA (Friday, 07 July 2017 12:17)

Hi Ana!

When I went to Bay of Kotor, there was a nice crowd, but not too busy. I can imagine that it could get very busy quickly, especially in high season. The weather was great, with beautiful views.